Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Regular Features for 08-09

I announced earlier in the summer that I would be adding some regular features to the blog for the upcoming season. I finally decided on a few and I made up a list. I'm still going to post random stuff sometimes but I felt that this thing really needed some structure and I think these features will make it much better.

1. Changing The Game. this will be a once a week feature about the history of the game. each week I'll post a hockey story from some point in hockey history that, in any way, changed the game.

2. Jersey Gallery. The Hockey News discarded their "Jersey Hound" feature and I'm bringing it back. Each week I'll post a picture of a jersey from any point in history and basically just analyze it.

3. Players of the Week. Obviously this is another weekly feature that pretty much speaks for itself. each week I'll post (in my opinion) the top forward, top defenseman, and top goalie of the week.

4. Player Profiles. This monthly feature will be dedicated to the less-recognized players in the league. It will include their stats, personal info, and a small write up. this is another one I'm really looking forward to doing.

So thats it. These features will all start up around October 1st (of course the season-related ones like players of the week will start when the season starts). hope you guys enjoy this.

No comments: